Saturday, February 6, 2010

Super Bowl Bomb

I wish this Super Bowl Bomb was referring to a 70-yard Manning touchdown connection, sadly, it's not. Let me set the scene.


French television has not afforded me too many opportunities to watch football, American football, this season. Once, I was leaving a poetry slam and saw Sports Center on at the bar ... in English ... with NFL highlights on! Needless to say I was glued to the screen until the last football clip finished.

Thankfully, I've been able to catch part of a college bowl game and the whole AFC championship at my friend Devante's apartment. After the conference championship I was psyched about the Super Bowl. Colts vs. Saints and I, now, had a venue to watch the action. We had plans on inviting friends over to his place, throwing some chicken on the grill and really making an event out of the whole thing. Needless to say, I had been looking forward to America's biggest sporting event all week.

Then the bomb hit.

Yesterday, I got a phone call from Devante with bad news. His job called him to go out of the country at the last minute. "Yeah, the driver is coming to get me at one."

I was devastated. There I was, eagerly looking forward to the biggest game in football and all of the sudden the whole thing came crashing down.

Maybe it's not too late to find an alternative venue. We'll see ...

3 comments:

  1. geaux saints! lol. Maybe you can go to that same sports bar where you first saw the American football game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to grab the spare key, this is a must watch

    ReplyDelete
  3. To all of those who asked or were wondering, I did find somewhere to watch the game and I'm glad I did. I think it may be one of the best Super Bowls that I've seen. Great game! Congrats Saints, congrats New Orleans!

    ReplyDelete