Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hello ... Goodbye


I say "hello" because this is my first post, the first installment of my Senegalese Tomes. For those of you who may not know, I will be living and teaching in Dakar, Senegal at SABS for the next ten months. I have the incredible opportunity to experience the motherland not as a visitor but as a resident. In a sense, I am going home.



I say "goodbye" because I am leaving behind what has been my home for almost 23 years of my life. I leave behind the culture that I know, the language I speak, my way of life ... but I am not leaving behind what's most important–the people. You are the reason for this blog. This is my way of bringing each and everyone of you on this journey with me so that you may experience it as I do.

I'm glad you've taken this first step with me and I hope to see your footprints along side me as I continue this journey. Please subscribe or follow and pass on the word!

2 comments:

  1. Josh,

    Congratulations on moving beyond the borders - physical, cultural, intellectual, creative, and practical - which constrain so many of us! I look forward to sharing this, your first of many journeys, as you introduce us to peoples, cultures and experiences which expand our awareness of the world in which we live. You know, for some strange reason, the theme music from Star Trek is going through my head along with the mission of the crew.

    Uncle Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog earlier today...

    I like your writing and look forward to reading about your experiences in Senegal.

    Bonne chance :-)

    ReplyDelete